The Graston Technique
As one of the first Chiropractors in Bend Oregon to use the Graston Technique™ as therapy for back pain relief, Dr. Bari offers a unique solution when it comes to treating patients with acute or chronic pain and injuries. The Graston Technique™ is an instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy technique used for back pain relief by detecting and breaking up areas of scar tissue and adhesions around muscles, tendons and ligaments. These adhesions inhibit range of motion, resulting in pain and dysfunction. Using six stainless steel Graston Technique™ instruments at our back pain relief clinic in Bend, Dr. Bari exerts mild pressure while sliding the stainless steel instruments over the affected areas of restriction, effectively releasing scar tissue and restrictions in the fascia and helping to treat pain and injuries.
This therapeutic exercise and non-invasive back pain relief technique helps to:
- Treat acute chronic injuries and enhance recovery through stainless steel tools
- Reduce chronic inflammation, muscle stiffness and pain from chronic conditions, such as plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, soft tissue fibrosis, and more.
- Initiate and speed healing process, allowing for better outcomes than other treatment options
- Reduce the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Decrease overall time needed for treatment and faster rehabilitation
- Get you back to doing the things you love to do with normal function of muscles
Dr. Bari knows just how helpful Graston can be. After six adjustments and two massages hadn’t helped her low back pain, her chiropractor suggested the Graston Technique™, followed by an adjustment. “And just like that, I experienced an 80 percent improvement, which stayed,” says Dr. Bari. “A second treatment two days later and I was fixed.”